Last week I needed to rustle up a sweet snack quickly for the Mums of Jack's friends that were coming to his party. I knew that some of them would stay for a cuppa during the party or a cheeky glass of wine after and I wanted to offer them something other than cupcakes with grass green icing.
Flapjacks are nice and easy to make and only take a few minutes to prepare and not much longer to bake, and it's easy to add whatever flavours you want.
Some flavours that I've made previously are :
When I was sent some of the new Tasty Toasted Muesli from Dorset Cereals I knew that it would make great flapjacks, and I wasn't wrong. The muesli is packed with sultanas, cranberries, apple and raspberries, making the flapjacks lovely and fruity.
Raspberry & Apple Muesli Flapjacks
150g Butter150g Demerara sugar
150g Golden syrup
350g Fruity Muesli
- Add the butter, sugar & syrup to a pan
- Heat gently until all the butter has melted
- Continue to heat, stirring regularly, until it just starts to bubble
- Remove from heat & stir in the muesli
- Mix well & press into a buttered baking pan
- Bake in a 180C oven for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool in the tin
- Refrigerate until set before slicing into bars or squares
I was sent 3 boxes of Dorset Cereals Tasty Toasted in raspberry & apple, spelt, fruit & nut and hazelnut & brazil flavours