On Saturday (2nd April 2022) it is officially National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day. Peanut butter and jelly (or jam) has been one of my favourite sandwich fillings for a very long time. I don't remember when or where I first enjoyed it, but it's a combination that I love.
Jelly is generally made from fruit juices, whilst jam is made from real fruit, but here in the UK jelly is a completely different food, and I would not recommend using it in a pb & j sandwich!
For National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day 2022 I've decided to make some PB & J Blondies. if you're not familiar with blondies, they are similar, in the way that they're made, to brownies. They're relatively simple to make and, just like brownies, the key is to not over bake them, so they keep a soft and chewy texture.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter: Extra Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties are currently available in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Costco, Ocado and the International section of Tesco.
Take a look at my TikTok to see how I made these delicious blondies, and scroll down to see the full recipe.
@thecrazykitchen #ad SKIPPY peanut butter pb & j Blondies #ad #skippy #peanutbutter #blondies #baking #cakes #nationalpbjday #recipe #food ♬ For cooking and work videos. Marimba is an impressive song - Junya Ota
SKIPPY Peanut Butter & Jam [Jelly] Blondies
350g caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C / gas mark 3
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and bring it briefly to the boil and stir in the sugar
- Add the vanilla
- Remove from the heat
- Mix the flour & baking powder together
- Add the flour & baking powder to the saucepan, and mix well
- Beat the eggs
- Add the beaten eggs to the saucepan, and beat until smooth
- Pour into a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper, and smooth out
- Warm the SKIPPY Peanut Butter in the microwave for a few seconds to soften
- Drizzle the SKIPPY Peanut Butter over the batter, and swirl
- Spoon jam onto the batter, and swirl
- Sprinkle with salted peanuts
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, but check after 25 minutes. The tops of the blondies should be golden brown but the centre should still be soft.
- Be careful not to overcook - blondies need to retain their fudginess - it will firm up as it cools down
- Cool in the tray and cut into squares when cold
Recipe commissioned by SKIPPY Peanut Butter