Not only has he proved himself to be a poetic genius with his Mother's Day poem, he is also turning into a little budding chef in the kitchen. Thursday night he fancied 'something nice' but after rummaging through the fridge and cupboards and finding nothing that took his fancy he suggested mixing cocoa powder into an Alpro Rich & Creamy cherry dessert, resulting in a lovely chocolate & cherry pudding which he poured over crushed digestive biscuit and banana. On Friday night he made his first chocolate cake, with little help, which was accompanied by a chocolate custard - instant custard mixed with cocoa powder at his suggestion.
He decided that he wanted to make another cake for Mother's Day so I bought him a few extra ingredients when I went shopping and today (along with helping to get is football team into a Cup Final) he made his lucky Mum this :
My Sam's Mother's Day Chocolate Cake
250g Butter, softened
250g Caster Sugar
250g Self Raising Flour
4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
Tub of Chocolate Philadelphia
Pack of Love Heart sweets
- Cream the Butter & Sugar
- Add the eggs, one at a time
- Take 4tbsp of flour out & replace with 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Add the flour & cocoa powder to the cake mix, mix well
- Spoon into 2 lined & greased baking tins
- Bake in a 160 degree (C) oven for 20-25 minutes (until light & spongy)
- Sandwich the 2 layers together with chocolate Philadelphia and sliced strawberries and decorate the top with chocolate philadelphia, strawberries & love hearts.