This filling didn't take much time though, if you have leftover roast chicken you can make these pies in minutes.
Chicken & Sweetcorn Heart Puffs - Makes 6
230g Cooked Chicken breast
100g Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp dried Rosemary (or your preferred herb)
pinch of ground Black Pepper
500g Jus Roll Light Puff Pastry
1 Egg, beaten
- Cut the chicken into bitesized pieces and mix with the sweetcorn, cream cheese, rosemary and black pepper.
- Roll the pastry out to approx 3mm thick and cut 12 heart shapes - I used an 11cm heart cutter
- If you need to cut additional hearts don't roll the pastry into a ball as it won't puff up when it's cooked, just press the pieces together and roll over with the rolling pin before cutting.
- Lay 6 of the hearts onto a greased baking tray and brush with the beaten egg.
- Spoon filling onto the pastry, leaving a gap around the edge
- Place a second heart on top of the filling
- Press the edges together and seal with a fork
- Brush the pies with the beaten egg
- Beat in a 200 C oven for approx 15 minutes, until golden brown and puffed up
Don't throw your pastry scraps away, make them into some yummy snacks.