When you have a family to feed and you don't fancy spending a lot of time in the kitchen preparing a meal, this one is ideal. It's great for all seasons as it's just as good with salad as it is with steamed veg - it takes very little preparation and is cooked within the hour.....simple!
Roasted Lemon Chicken & Potatoes - serves 4/5
1kg chicken pieces (legs, thighs, drumsticks)
2 lemons, halved
Fresh herbs - I used rosemary
salt & pepper (optional)
- Clean & halve or quarter the potatoes, depending on how large they are
- Place the potatoes, chicken pieces & herbs into a large roasting tin
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken & then add the lemon halves into the roasting tin
- Drizzle with olive oil & season as required
- Place into a preheated 180C oven for around 1 hour, turning once, until the juiced from the chicken run clear
Serve immediately - you see, I told you it was simple!