I've been trying out the Degustabox surprise boxes now for a few months and have generally been pleased with their contents (apart from a blip in January's box). This month was another pleasing month with many useful items.
The box included the following :
Drink Me Chai Latte Chocolate & Tea Latte
Moma! porridge pots
Mexican Dave's Cheese Nachos
Organico Durum wheat pasta
Tyrells Popcorn sweet & salty
Shaken Udder milkshakes
Schwartz flavour shots
Organico tomato & basil sauce
The kids loved both the porridge pots and milkshakes, I loved the popcorn and wished there was more and we all loved sharing the bag of nachos. I don't normally like cheese nachos as they can sometimes be a bit too cheesy, but these weren't overpowering and were just right. I used the tomato sauce stirred through spaghetti for a quick midweek dinner and the pasta and schwartz flavour shot in the recipe below.
This recipe is an adaptation of a delicious sounding (and so much more visually appealing) recipe on Gourmet Mum's blog for Broccoli & Pancetta Pasta.
Pasta with Broccoli & Peas - serves 4/5
500g dried pasta (I used Organico Durum Wheat Penne Pasta)
1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
Schwartz Flavour shot - Italian Creamy herb
150g frozen peas, defrosted
Extra Virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the pack, adding the broccoli into the pan too
- Drain the pasta & broccoli, reserving some of the cooking water, and fish out the broccoli
- Heat a large pan and add the flavour shot along with a couple of tablespoons of the reserved cooking water, fry gently for a couple of minutes
- Add the broccoli and mash with a potato masher, adding more water & olive oil as required
- Add the peas and cooked pasta and stir through the sauce