When the end of the week comes and there's not a lot left in the fridge and cupboards, a hamper full of fresh fruit, veg and new Knorr Flavour Pots is a welcome arrival.
I love the Knorr Herb Infusion Pots and use them regularly but I was keen to try out the Curry Flavour Pot and decided to make a risotto.
This dish serves 4-5 and I just used one flavour pot and it gave a mild curry flavour which was perfect for my non spicy loving kids. For a stronger flavour I would recommend using 2 pots for this quantity.
Curried Chicken Risotto - serves 4/5
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
500g chicken breast, cut into bit sized pieces
350g Arborio rice
1 Knorr Curry Flavour Pot
150g Okra, sliced (or you could use green beans)
approx 1 litre chicken stock
200g fresh or tinned pineapple
thinly sliced peppers or chilli
- Heat the oil in a large pan
- Fry the onion gently for 1 minute
- Add the chicken and fry for 5-10 minutes
- Stir in the rice, flavour pot, Okra and approx 1/4 of the stock
- Place a lid on and simmer gently, adding more stock as required, until the rice is tender
- Stir in the pineapple just before the end of the cooking
- Serve with thin slices of fresh chilli or red pepper on top
I was sent a hamper of products for the purpose of this review - the Knorr Flavour Pots come in Mixed Herb, Garlic, Chilli, 3 Peppercorn and Curry flavours