This week there were canapés of choux, shortcrust and an other type...I loved Frances' carrots, tomatoes & cauliflowers best.
The Charlotte Royales were varied with Kimberly's being 'perfect' and Ruby's being a lot less than...
I was intrigued to see the Opera cakes, lots of different flavours, lots of different layers...Ruby's was a mess yet she managed to get all of the positive comments...hmmm something fishy going on there I think....
Anyway unfortunately it was Beca's turn to leave. I do believe that Ruby should have gone but she has been put through to the final in the hope that she will pull it out of the bag and go on to win, only time will tell.
Chilli & Haggis Canapes
100g Plain Flour
good pinch of dried rosemary & chilli flakes
1 pack of Macsween 60 second Haggis (regular or vegetarian)
50g Chilli Jam
100g Cream cheese
slivers of fresh chilli
- Preheat the oven to 20O C
- Place the butter and water into a saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted, bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and stir the flour quickly in and beat well until the mixture leaves the sides of the saucepan and forms a ball
- Leave to cool slightly then gradually beat in the eggs
- Leave to cool before filling a piping bag & piping small balls onto a greased baking sheet, spaced well apart
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp & golden
- Allow to cool whilst preparing the filling
- Microwave the haggis as per directions on the pack
- Allow to cool slightly before mixing with chilli jam & cream cheese, beating well
- Cut a small slit in the choux bites
- Using a piping bag pipe a small amount of filling into each
- decorate with a sliver of chilli on each
I received the haggis for the purpose of review