I combined a couple of recipes and came up with the following that seemed to work out really well. I couldn't remember what consistency it was supposed to be but I think I got it right - not quite as runny as a cake batter but looser than a dough.
You will need:
200g Self Raising Flour
75g Caster Sugar
3-4 tbsp Milk
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs (or whizz up in a food processor or food mixer)
- Mix in the sugar, cinnamon, sultanas and beaten egg
- Add enough of (or all) the milk to make a stiff (but not dry) mixture
- Spoon onto a greased or lined baking sheet (I use silicone mats on mine) and bake in a 200 degree(C) oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned
- Allow to cool on a wire rack
If you're wondering what the red creature is, that's 'Red', he came home from Pre-school for the weekend as Jack was 'Super Special Helper' this week and his reward is a certificate and chance to spend the weekend having fun with Red.