Helped by my trusted assistant Jack we set to work making Spooky Pumpkin Crispy Cakes. The ingredients were the same as in my Valentine Chocolate Heart but just substituting the chocolate for the orange buttons.
You will need :
100g Silver Spoon orange buttons
40g butter or margarine
40g Golden Syrup
- Melt the butter, syrup & buttons in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the cereal to a large bowl
- Pour over the orange mixture and mix until cereal is completely coated.
- Spread onto a pumpkin template - you can download one from the internet,
- Decorate with whatever you fancy - we tried green writing icing but it didn't show up enough.
- We then opted for fondant icing to make the stalk and face.
- Allow to set in the fridge.
|I want cookie..|
The cakes didn't set as much as they would if chocolate had been used but they were firm enough & very delicious and crispy. All the kids loved them and are keen to have them again.
We are entering this post into Mummy Mishaps I love Cake Halloween competiton.
I was sent the box of Spooky Puffs free of charge to try out in a recipe.