It's not often that I buy sweets, cakes or junk food so it's rare that there's something 'naughty' in the house, unless it's been a birthday, Christmas, Easter or I've gone shopping whilst hungry and been led astray by special offers, or of course when I've been baking. So when the kids ask for pudding, and the cake tin is empty, this is my go to quick recipe for a delicious dessert that can be eaten straight from the oven, drowning in custard.
It takes a matter of minutes to prepare in the food processor attachment on my Kenwood Chef Sense, and 20-25 minutes to bake. You don't even need to have your ingredients at room temperature, and they can all be weighed straight into the bowl together, to save on washing up. I also use cake tin liners, which is another great time saver.
Quick and Tasty All-in-One Cinnamon Apple Cake - makes 1 x 8" cake
2 medium free range eggs (weighed in their shells)
equivalent weight (approx 115g) of :
self raising flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp natural yogurt or coconut cream
1 eating apple, cored & sliced
1 tbsp demerara sugar
- Add the eggs, flour, butter, caster sugar, cinnamon and yogurt to the bowl of the food processor
- Pulse until fully combined, scraping down the bowl once or twice
- Add the apple and pulse a few more times
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 8" sandwich tin
- Scatter the demerara sugar evenly over the batter
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown & springy to the touch
- Eat warm or cold
If you want to see more recipes that can be made in a Kenwood Chef Sense then check out these videos, where you might just spot little old me! *runs and hides*.