A few days ago a did wonder if many people would be joining in this week as they were tough categories. Although we haven't received as many entries as the previous weeks we still had a lot of entries.
Over the week I noted a few things...
It's not just me that doesn't like the idea of poached meringues sitting in a pool of cold custard
Petits Fours come in all shapes, sizes and flavours
It can take many attempts to perfect a macaroon
A trifle can still be a trifle without custard and/or jelly..in fact you can even make one with bread!
There are a lot of participants that are challenging themselves, making a lot of effort and producing some amazing results
Myself and Jenny have once again been blown away by the entries and out mouths have been watering all week. Without further ado here are the entries....in no particular order
- Chocolate Caramel & Strawberry Baked Trifle A Wannabe Foodie
- Orange & Mango Trifle Bakearama
- Tiramisu Trifle Bluebirdsunshine
- Toffee Apple Trifle Carole Finds Her Wings
- Strawberry & Kiwi Triflettes Crumbs & Corkscrews
- Strawberry trifle Love Bryony
- Easy Cherry Trifle Maybush Studio
- Black Forest Trifle Mummy Alarm
- Twisted Berry Trifle Mummyisagadgetgeek
- Chocolate Trifle Sarah's Wacky World
- Summer Pudding Trifle Stressy Mummy
- Caramel Apple Trifle from me!
- Mango, White Chocolate & Cardamom Trifle Wallflower Girl
- Banoffee Macaroons Actually Mummy
- Pina Colada Macaroons All You need is love & cake
- White Chocolate & Basil Tuiles Baking Making & Crafting
- Macaroons Cafe Bebe
- Spongy flapjack towers Cakes & Scribbles
- Chocolate, Lime & Raspberry Petit Fours Casa Costello
- Gluten Free Chocolate & Hazelnut Cupcake Mumma
- Fake Fimo Petits Fours Here Come The Girls
- Dairy Free Choc Chip & Fudge Instinctive Mummy
- Cookie & Brownie Bites Jennifers Little World
- Toffee Crisps Jo's Kitchen
- Shortbread & Lemon Posset Johnsons Babies
- Bejewelled Brownies Mari's Morld
- Cupcakes & Florentines Multi Layer Mummy
- Oreo & Baileys petits fours Jenny Berry
- Victoria Sponges & Lemon Cheesecakes Mummy vs Work
- Trio of Petits Fours Ramblings of a Craft Mum
- Assorted petits fours The Goodlife Mum
Again the decision to choose our Star Baker of the week has been a difficult one to make, but, after much deliberation, we have decided to present our Star Baker award to ......
Carolin with her Black Forest Trifle. We chose Carolin's trifle because we know that she's not a baker yet she pushed herself this week and made her own chocolate brownies for the base, a chocolate mousse and even her own jelly. She also managed to get those distinctive layers making this a trifle to die for - we also love her bargain 15" Martini glass that she picked up for just £6.99!
Please contact Jenny for your exclusive badge
We would also like to give special mention to a few others that really pushed the boat out this week - Debbie with her delicious looking lemon possets with edible spoons, Helen for some extremely professional looking petits fours, Andrea & Karin for succeeding where others have failed in making macaroons, all 3 entrants that made some fab Iles Flottantes and Julia for making a trifle that is baked, yes baked!
You can see all the entries, plus a few more, on our Pinterest board.
Don't forget to watch GBBO on Tuesday BBC2 at 8pm for inspiration and come back on Wednesday morning when our new linky will be open. Please remember that the linky closes at 8pm on a Sunday night - it may have been later in the past weeks as Jenny has been extremely generous as she knows how we all lead busy lives....BUT the bags are starting to form under our eyes now that the children are all back at school and we need the entries to be in by 8pm to enable us to choose a winner and write the round up and include links to all the entries as well as photos - I'm sure you can all understand that it takes time and we know that you are all waiting on a Monday morning for the results and we don't like to disappoint. We want this challenge to be fun so please don't feel pressured to join in every week if you can't manage it.
Happy Baking! Go forth and make pies.....