Today my dear Aunt Bessie made a lovely Roasted Vegetable stuffing, which I decided to use in an easy peasy pasta bake. The kids (except Jack) loved it, Sam asked for seconds & wants it again tomorrow.
You will need:
Aunt Bessies Roasted Vegetable Stuffing Mix
tbsp olive oil
Chopped onions - did you know you can buy these ready chopped & frozen..genius idea!
Sliced Mushrooms - ready sliced & frozen too!
tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
100ml water from the cooked pasta
- Make the stuffing up as per directions on the box
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions & mushrooms gently
- Add the stuffing and cook for 1 minute
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water and tomato puree, stir until combined
- Mix with the cooked pasta and pour into a large baking dish and cover with grated cheese
- Bake in a 190 degree (C) oven for 15-20 minutes until browned