With lots of friends jetting off abroad on their holidays at the moment, I can't help wishing that we were going too. We've booked up for next Summer though, so at least we have something to look forward to - only another 365 or so sleeps to go!
It's not just the sunshine that I'm dreaming of, but also the food, and one of my most favourite dishes that I've enjoyed whilst being on holiday is Spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino - Spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and chilli. A very simple, yet very tasty dish, which I've recreated here.
Spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino - serves 2
200g dried spaghetti
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 red chilli, thinly sliced
fresh herbs / grated parmesan (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti as per the directions on the pack
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking add the oil, garlic and chilli to a large frying pan and heat gently over a low heat, ensuring it doesn't burn
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and add to the frying pan
- Toss the spaghetti in the chilli & garlic oil
- Serve immediately with fresh herbs / grated parmesan cheese
This recipe has been entered into a blogger competition organised by The International Currency Exchange. I have been compensated for the cost of ingredients.