When I first started Paleo eating I would often fancy a snack in the evening. These days I don't feel the need as much, but I do quite enjoy nibbling on a few nuts with a cuppa after dinner. A long while ago I tried a nakd bar and I loved it, but they can be expensive unless you buy in bulk, so I thought I would attempt to make some for myself.
The nuts are not as finely ground as nakd bars, but I quite like that. I added ginger to this batch but will try other flavours in the future. A added a dusting of cocoa powder to stop the bars from sticking together rather than adding flavour - I would've added ground almonds but didn't have any.
I didn't weigh the ingredients, just added the same volume of cashews as dates, and they can be made as thick or thin as you like.
Cashew, Date & Ginger Bars
1 cup cashews
1 cup dates
1 tsp ground ginger
a little water
dusting of cocoa powder
- Grind the cashews in a food processor
- Grind the dates in a food processor, adding a little water if they are quite dry
- Mix the ground cashews, dates and ginger together, until they are in a well combined, sticky ball
- Press into a tin lined with clingfilm and refrigerate for a few hours
- Slice into bars and dust with a little cocoa powder