We're rapidly running out of Chocolate Soreen as the kids love it - especially warmed up as it goes really gooey in centre. With our second to last loaf I decided to make something a little bit different.....
Chocolate Soreen Ice Cream
1 loaf of Chocolate Soreen Malt Loaf397g Condensed milk
600ml double cream
150g dark chocolate - I used Dr Oetker Fine Cooks chocolate*
25g Cocoa Powder
25g Dark soft brown sugar
3 tbsp boiling water
- Bake the malt loaf in a 180C oven for approx 10 minutes and then allow to cool
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, or in the microwave on short bursts, then allow to cool for a few minutes
- Mix the cocoa powder, sugar & boiling water together until you get a smooth sauce
- Whisk the condensed milk, double cream, chocolate & cocoa powder sauce together until you reach soft peaks
- Cut the malt loaf into small pieces (I used scissors for ease)
- Stir the malt loaf into the ice cream mixture
- Pour into a freezable lidded container for around 4 hours
Make sure you get the Chocolate Soreen soon as its limited edition and won't be around forever. It should currently be available in Asda, although unfortunately not in our local one. If you tweet @SoreenHQ they should be able to tell you where your nearest stockist is.
I have been paid to spread the word about new Chocolate Soreen. All words and recipes are my own.
Thank you to everyone that nominated The Crazy Kitchen in the Britmums Brilliance in Blogging awards. Thanks to you I have been shortlisted in the Food category and would now appreciate a vote.....pretty please!
You can vote here : Bibs shortlist