Do you ever have dregs at the bottom of a candle but the wick will no longer light? I get it all the time & I hate to throw it away, especially as some of them are so expensive.
I saved up a few old candles and melted the wax down in their glass jars stood in a saucepan of boiling water on the hob and removed the old wick (and any black bits). I used a new wick (these can be picked up from craft stores or Ebay) in a nice Mug - you can use a pretty teacup or Espresso cup.
I poured the melted wax into the mug and inserted the wick, As it wouldn't stand in the centre on it's own I cut a piece of round cardboard with a hole in the middle and wedged it into the cup to hold the wick in place until the wax had set.
I then wrapped it up in tissue paper and cellophane wrap (you can get this from some florists or buy it online) and tied with a festive ribbon. After you've burnt the candle you can re-use the mug, as long as it's been thoroughly washed out.
If your candles aren't quite the right colour or you have white wax then you can buy dyes to colour them. I've bought a dark brown for when I make candles in Espresso Cups. I bought mine from here. You can also buy fragrance oils to make your candles smell nice too.
* I have burnt this candle right down to the bottom with no dregs remaining, which is a lot better than some of the expensive candles that I've had (mentioning no names). After a wash in the dishwasher it was ready to drink my coffee from again.