The recipe was taken from the BBC Good Food website and I increased the quantity of vodka as I bought 2 x 750ml bottles.
You will need:
400g fresh Cranberries
250g caster sugar
Large jar or bottles. You can use the original vodka bottles and pour some of the vodka out to make room for the cranberries. As an alternative you can use Gin, which I used a couple of years ago.
- Wash the cranberries and prick them with a fork or toothpick.
- Tip the cranberries into the jar or bottle.
- Cover with the sugar and pour in the vodka.
- Give the bottle a shake and leave for 2 weeks shaking every day until the sugar has dissolved.
- After 2 weeks (or thereabouts) strain the vodka through a muslin or clean paper towel to remove any unwanted bits and pour into sterilised bottles.
- You can add some cranberries to each bottle and the longer the vodka is left the better it tastes.