Before I do though I would like to share my latest chutney recipe. I came across it on the Tesco Real Food website and only made some minor amendments.
You will need :
875 - 1000g Butternut squash, peeled & chopped
2 cooking apples, peeled, cored & chopped
2 pears, cored & chopped
4 carrots, diced
2 onions, peeled & chopped
5cm fresh ginger, peeled & grated
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp mixed spice
700ml white wine vinegar
500g granulated sugar
2 oranges, peeled & chopped
juice & zest of another orange
- Place all the ingredients, except the oranges and sugar, into a large saucepan and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat & simmer for 30 minutes
- Add chopped oranges and sugar
- Stir over the heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer for around 45 minutes, stirring in the orange juice and zest towards the end of cooking
- Simmer until chutney is thick
You can definitely taste the orange in this with the addition of the extra juice & zest - it's a combination of a sweet marmalade and chutney and will be lovely with some Wensleydale & crackers.
My attempt at brown paper wrapping - if you want to see how it is properly done have a look at this post where Katie's presentation skills are a lot better than mine!