Some weeks I meal plan and some I don't, and other weeks it's somewhere in between. This week is one of those weeks that I haven't planned, although I did have a few ideas in my head when I did a last minute online shop Friday night.
Last night was going to be a meatball or bolognaise night, as I had some pork mince in the fridge, and then this lovely little hamper of goodies arrived
OXO Shake & Flavour pots are an easy way to add flavour into your meals, and they come in a range of flavours :
Garlic & Herb
I was provided with a few recipes for inspiration, such as Chinese Pork Spare Ribs, Lime & Coriander Chicken, Southern Fried Chicken, Chilli & Lime Chicken Burger, Chilli, Garlic & Thyme Steaks & Garlic & Herb Potato Wedges. I decided to use my pork mince, along with the Tikka Shake & Flavour and make some burgers to be cooked on the bbq.
I didn't add anything else to the pork mince apart from the seasoning, making them really quick and easy to make - in fact next time I will get the kids to make them as they were so easy.
Pork Tikka Burgers - makes 5
750g pork mince
3 tbsp OXO Tikka Shake & Flavour
little olive oil
- Mix the pork mince with the Shake & Flavour
- Shape into burgers and chill for at least 30 minutes
- Rub each side of the burger with a little olive oil to make sure they don't stick, and cook on a barbecue for a few minutes each side, turning once - make sure that they are cooked through before serving
I served the burgers with some Southern Fried Potato Wedges. Despite these being oven baked Sam said that they tasted like fried wedges from that popular fried chicken shop, but better, much better!
Southern Fried Potato Wedges - serves 5
approx 1kg of potatoes
glug of olive oil
OXO Southern Fried Shake & Flavour
- Cut the potatoes into wedges
- Wash and drain the wedges & pat dry
- Place in a large bowl and add some olive oil and toss to coat the wedges
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of Southern Fried Shake & Flavour
- Toss the potatoes to coat with the flavouring
- Bake in a preheated 220C oven for around 45 minutes until crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside
All served with home-grown salad leaves and pink lemonade - a perfect midweek family meal.
This post is part of a BritMums project with OXO Shake & Flavour. Shake & Flavour seasoning granules can be sprinkled into food during cooking or before serving. Find out more about the Shake & Flavour varieties on their Facebook page here.