I've been eating the Paleo way for around a month now, and have so far lost 8 lbs. I've also been feeling a lot better in myself with more energy and none of the sluggishness that seems to come with eating cakes and bread. I've been surprised that I haven't actually been craving the things that I've cut out of my diet, although I have allowed myself a small amount of chocolate or a baked white potato from time to time (along with a little wine & beer). I also still have a little dairy, usually just a splash of milk in my morning coffee if I don't have any Almond milk to hand.
Breakfast is the most difficult meal of the day for me at the moment, as sometimes I just want to grab something quick without cooking up eggs and bacon or an omelette. At times like this I usually have a banana and a few nuts, which is probably not the best choice but it's often all I can stomach after a gym workout.
I love salads and vegetables and most of my meals contain some kind of salad or green vegetable, along with chicken mostly.
These are just a few of the meals that I've been enjoying over the past few weeks, and I really have enjoyed each and every one of them and don't feel as though I'm missing out on anything.
- Egg, bacon, mushroom, tomates & salad
- Chicken , roasted veg & salad
- Mushroom omelette & salad
- Baked butternut squash, chard, courgettes & chicken
- Guacamole salad
- Ham, egg & mushrooms
- Green beans, pork loin steak, salad & coriander
- Roasted aubergine, chicken & salad
- Lettuce leaf topped with boiled egg & home made paprika mayonnaise
- Bolognaise stuffed pepper with salad
- Chopped egg & avocado, onion & salad
- Steak, tomato salsa, portabello mushroom, sweet potato fries, salad & olives