After the busy weekend doing Team Honk stuff I had a day to catch up before taking the kids to London for the day with friends. I baked some flapjacks to take with us as I knew they would get hungry during the two hour train journey, which they were, and the flapjacks filled them up enough until lunchtime, after we'd taken a trip on the London Eye.
Afterwards we then paid a visit to Madame Tussauds, before jumping on a double decker bus back to Euston and the long journey home.
Ginger & Mango Flapjacks
175g butter or margarine
175g caster sugar
175g golden syrup
100g dried mango
1tsp ground ginger
- Add the butter, sugar, syrup, mango & ginger to a saucepan
- Heat gently until the butter has melted & sugar dissolved & the mixture starts to bubble around the edge
- Remove from the heat & stir in the oats
- Divide the mixture between two square 8" baking tins lined with baking paper & press down
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool before drizzling white chocolate over (optional) and cutting into triangles