Everywhere you look there are little yellow mole type characters wearing goggles and blue overalls, better known as Minions. Later this month (26th June to be precise) the new Minions movie is coming to cinemas, and Green Giant Sweetcorn have teamed up with Universal to celebrate the launch.
I've been invited to create a fun Minions themed snack recipe that kids will love, and I definitely think they will love these tasty Minion fritters. Fear not, as no Minion has been harmed in the making of these fritters, as they're packed so full of juicy Green Giant sweetcorn that there's no room for any pesky banana eating creatures.
These fritters can be eaten warm or cold, and taken on picnics - and if you have a fussy eating Minion fan then they could be a great way to get some extra veggies in their diet. I achieved the great yellow colour by using a pinch of turmeric, so no need for any artificial colourings.
Minion Fritters - makes 6-8
165g can drained Green Giant sweetcorn
50g plain flour
pinch of garlic granules
pinch of turmeric (to give them the great yellow colour)
black & green olives
- Mix the sweetcorn, buttermilk, flour, garlic & turmeric together until well combined
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan
- Spoon some of the batter into the pan, ensuring it's as round as you can make it
- Add some rings of green olive & strips of black olive for the goggles
- Cook for a few minutes over a low heat before carefully flipping over and cooking the other side (making sure that the olives don't move out of place) - cooking over a low heat will ensure that they cook through without browning too much & ruining the great yellow colour
- Serve warm or cold with a little ketchup or sweet chilli sauce on the side for dipping.