I don't often buy crisps, and if I do it's usually for an occasion, such as friends coming around for drinks, and I tend to buy large bags of grown up type crisps with interesting flavours.
The Walkers Market Deli range are the kind of crisps I would go for as their flavours sound particularly appealing.
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena*
- Cornish Mature Cheddar
- Flame Grilled Spanish Chorizo with roasted Onions
- Wiltshire Cured Ham, Mature Cheddar & Farmhouse Chutney*
- Sweet Roasted Red Pepper & English Tomato
- Roasted Garlic with Mediterranean Herbs*
- Roasted Red Chilli with Mediterranean Sundried Tomato*
- Anglesey Sea Salt with Cracked Black Pepper*
We tried out a few of the flavours over the weekend and baked up a batch of crispy tortilla coated chicken strips with the roasted red chilli tortillas.
My favourite flavour out of all the ones we tried (marked with an * above) were by far the Balsamic vinegar potato chips which had a sweetness to them without the vinegar being too overpowering.
Hanna definitely liked the roasted garlic & herb pita chips best. Unfortunately they were a little squashed in the post but the few that did manage to remain whole were great for dipping.
Sam liked the more traditional sounding ham, cheese & chutney potato chips, which were thick cut & crunchy with a good flavour, without being too cheesy.
Unfortunately Dad was too slow and never got a look in, but if he's lucky I might share the one remaining bag of Anglesey Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Tortillas with him.
Crispy Chilli Tortilla Chicken Strips - serves 4
450g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
3 eggs, beaten
1 x 165g bag of Market Deli Roasted Red Chilli with Mediterranean Sundried Tomato Tortilla chips, finely crushed
- Place the beaten egg, flour and crushed tortillas into separate bowls
- Dip the chicken strips first into the beaten egg, then the flour, back into the egg and then coat in the crushed tortillas
- Place chicken strips onto a baking tray & spray with cooking spray
- Bake in a preheated 200C oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of the strips), until cooked all the way through
- Serve with ketchup or sweet chilli sauce
Walkers Deli RRP:
sharing bags £2.39 (165g)
single bags 83p (40g)