Chocolate & Apricot Cornflake Clusters
1 tbsp milk (room temp)
50g M Savers Cornflakes
70g M Savers Dried Apricots
- In a heatproof bowl over boiling water, melt the chocolate
- Add the milk once the chocolate has melted
- Stir in the Cornflakes and Apricots - I cut the apricots into quarters
- Divide the mixture into 16 bite-sized clumps* onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Refrigerate until set.
* We doubled the mixture and made larger ones in cupcake cases
If you follow the recipe and make 16 bite-size clusters they work out at just 3p each, with a total cost of just 51p - what a bargain! The chocolate tasted as good as other milk chocolate and the apricots were lovely & moist and not chewy and dry like I was expecting them to be.
Jack took a shine to the cornflakes and helped himself to a small snack whilst he waited for the cornflake cakes to set.
You can find out more about the M Savers range on the Morrisons website.
I was sent a voucher towards the cost of ingredients for my Challenge