It's a very sad month as it's the final month of the Swallow's Charity Recipes for Life challenge on Bangers and Mash. I've really enjoyed the monthly challenges since the start in February and I hope the guys from Swallow have managed to achieve what they set out to do, which is to find some simple recipes to go in their cookery book which will be used to help adults with learning difficulties lead more independent lives.
Did I also mention that I won the challenge in March, April and May!
This month the challenge has 3 basic ingredients - milk, eggs and flour. So what can be made with these ingredients? My first thought was pancakes...and my second thought was muffins...there is still plenty of time for pancakes but for today we have muffins. I rummaged through the cupboard to see what I could put in them and found a bar of Green & Black's white chocolate and half a tub of glacé cherries, so the decision was made.
White Chocolate and Cherry Muffins - makes 10
100g caster sugar
75g butter, melted
150g self raising flour
120g white chocolate
10-15 glacé cherries
- Beat the sugar, eggs, milk & melted butter together
- Chop the chocolate and cherries and stir into the flour
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined
- Spoon into a muffin pan lined with muffin cases
- Bake in a preheated 180 C oven for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack