It's that time of the year again when we need to give SPAM the appreciation that it deserves. SPAM appreciation week is here again and it's an opportunity for SPAM fans across the UK to show their love for the iconic chopped pork and ham.
You may not know that SPAM is made from a minimum of 90% quality shoulder pork and leg ham (hand cut off the bone), mixed with a little water, sugar, salt & spices before being cooked in the can.
Once out of the can SPAM is extremely versatile and can be used in all manner of recipes. Last year I shared SPAM's recipe for a delicious SPAM Tear & Share, and previously I've shared recipes for Spicy SPAM Paella (which was extremely good!) and SPAM & Bean Pie (a great midweek family meal).
This recipe for SPAM Bubble & Squeak is a a great way to use up any Sunday lunch leftovers that you may have, so make sure you pop a can or two of SPAM in your cupboard ready for those moments when you need a quick & easy meal.
SPAM Bubble & Squeak
1 x 340g can of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham – diced
500g potato, cooked and mashed
100g cabbage or sprouts cooked and finely chopped) Or 300g of other cooked vegetables
200g cooked parsnips and carrot cooked and finely chopped
100g leeks, finely sliced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Fry the diced SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham in a large dry pan until golden. Put into a warm bowl and keep warm
- Clean the pan and melt the butter
- Lightly fry the sliced leeks and crushed garlic in the melted butter, stirring constantly over a low heat until softened but still retaining their colour
- In a medium bowl mix together the cooked vegetables, season well with salt and pepper and add to the pan, stirring well to combine and heat through
- Add half of the diced cooked SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham to the vegetable mixture in the frying pan, stir well until hot, top with the rest of the diced cooked SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
GIVEAWAY - Win a SPAM branded Under Armour jacket worth £70
With all this cold weather we're having at the moment you're going to need something to keep yourself warm. In association with SPAM I'm giving away a limited edition Under Armour jacket worth £70. All you have to do to be in with a chance is follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter form below. Closes midnight 18th March 2018.For more SPAM recipes visit www.spam-uk.com , along with these blogs :
SPAM & Pineapple Hawaiian Pizza on Foodie Quine
SPAM Potato Skins on Charlotte's Lively Kitchen
SPAM Potato Rosti on Fab Food 4 All
this post has been commissioned by SPAM UK