Weekdays can be pretty hectic and I often get home from the school run and haven't even had a thought about what I will cook for dinner. I'm a fan of one pot meals, and as the husband usually does the washing up he's a fan of them too!
This one pot meal can be started on the hob and then thrown into the oven to finish off whilst I get on with other things, like the never ending pile of washing, or writing up the next blog post.
Sausage & Vegetable Bake - serves 4/5
1 tbsp olive oil
750g sausages, cut into bite size pieces
1 red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
750g potatoes, diced
200ml vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof lidded pan
- Add the sausages and fry for 5 minutes until starting to brown
- Add the onion, garlic, peppers and potato
- Fry over a low heat for 10 minutes
- Add the stock and mix well
- Place the lid on and bake in a preheated 160C oven for around 45 minutes
For this dish I used a selection of Secret Sausages, which are vegetarian sausages made from fresh garden vegetables. They are 90% less fat, 50% fewer calories & 35% less salt than normal sausages - and 3 of them make one of your 5 a day!
For the month of November Secret Sausages will be supporting Movember, so don your tache and start cooking...
I was sent a selection of sausages free of charge