Two things that make a thirteen year old boy smile - food and the arrival of a shiny new scooter.
The food in question was a delicious flapjack type creation and the scooter was the Team Series Zycho scooter in black.
It was a lovely warm evening so we took a walk down to the park where the boys could try out the new wheels and eat Cinnamon Apple Muesli Squares in the sun.
To say that Sam was impressed with the scooter was an understatement, and he whizzed around jumping, spinning & twirling (that's quite possibly not a cool scootering technical term).
(grazes not caused by a scooter accident!)
For all the technical spec on this and all the other Zinc scooters, visit their website.
150g Caster sugar
150g Golden syrup
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Braeburn apple, grated
350g Muesli - I used Dorset cereals Spelt, Fruit & Nut Muesli
100g plain flour (you may need adjust the quantity depending on how floury the muesli is)
- Heat the butter, sugar and syrup in a large pan over a medium heat until it just starts to bubble around the edge
- Stir in the cinnamon, apple, muesli and flour until well combined
- Pour into a 9" greased & lined square cake tin
- Bake in a preheated 170C oven for approx 25-30 minutes
- Allow to cool in the tin before slicing into squares