Sometimes (well actually almost all of the time) midweek dinner has to be quick as Jack starts asking for something to eat as soon as we get back from school. If he has a snack he won't eat his dinner, so I try and distract him as much as possible until it's cooked. It usually works and his plate is almost always clean, and when I cooked this dinner it was no exception, and as a bonus it was on the table in only around 20 minutes.
It was made using one of the packs of the new Schwartz 2in1 recipe mixes that I had been sent. The mixes are in two parts, one that is used to flavour the main dish and the other the side or topping. They come in 5 flavours and you can find out more about them here.
I wanted to try something a little bit different and so didn't follow the recipe on the pack for Garlic and Thyme Roast Chicken and Crispy Roast Potatoes and instead went for Turkey Bolognaise with Herby Tortilla Chips.
Turkey Bolognaise with Herby Tortilla Chips - serves 4
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
225g Turkey thigh mince
Schwartz 2in1 Garlic & Thyme (Roast chicken sachet)
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
4 Flour tortillas
Schwartz 2in1 Garlic & Thyme (crispy potatoes sachet)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan
- Add the onion and fry gently for 2 minutes
- Add the turkey mince and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly
- Add the roast chicken sachet and tomatoes
- Stir well, place the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 C
- Brush one side of the tortillas with olive oil
- Sprinkle the crispy roast potatoes sachet over the tortillas
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges (I use scissors for this)
- Place the tortillas onto baking sheets
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until crispy
- Allow to cool
Serve the bolognaise with pasta, cous cous or rice, salad and the tortilla chips