I have a bit of a thing for salted caramel and I sometimes crave it. I don't always give in to those cravings but occasionally when I'm out and spot salted caramel I have to give it a try. Unfortunately everyone seems to be jumping on the salted caramel bandwagon and I've tried some foods that just don't hit the spot so I thought it was time to attempt a salted caramel ice cream.
This recipe is so simple, with only 3 ingredients. In fact it's so simple it really doesn't deserve to be so bloomin delicious!
Salted Caramel Ice Cream
600ml Double Cream
397g Carnation Caramel
5g Sea Salt
- Whisk together the cream and 300g of the caramel until it forms peaks
- Pour the mixture into a freezable container
- Beat the salt into the remaining caramel & stir through the ice cream mixture, leaving swirls of caramel
- Freeze for around 4 hours
- remove from the freezer approx 10 minutes before serving
Absolutely gorgeous served with chopped toasted pecans.
Cups and spoons from The Sweet Hostess