With it being Mother's Day last Sunday my Mum and Mother in Law were coming for dinner and I thought it would be nice to use the luxurious chocolate covered raspberries, that I had been sent, in a dessert.
In hindsight I should have made this first thing in the morning, but I was enjoying the lazy morning that Mother's Day brings with it a little too much. I then took Jack to football, which meant that when I did get around to making it there wasn't really enough time to allow it to set fully, which is why it's a bit messy around the edges (that's my excuse anyway...nothing to do with the pink fizz that I'd been drinking before I removed the flan dish).
Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake
300g chocolate Bourbon biscuits, crushed
50g butter, melted
284ml Double Cream
1/2 can of Condensed Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
400g Full Fat Cream Cheese
75g Dark chocolate
100ml Double Cream
- Make the base by mixing the crushed biscuits & melted butter together until combined
- Cover the base of a loose bottomed flan dish with the biscuits & press down firmly all over
- Refrigerate the base for around 20 minutes
- Whisk the double cream, condensed milk & vanilla extract together until thick & forming peaks
- Mix the cream cheese until smooth and then beat in the cream mixture a little at a time until all combined
- Stir the raspberries in gently
- Pour onto the biscuit base, smooth over and refrigerate until set (around 3-4 hours)
- For the topping, melt the chocolate in the microwave on short bursts until melted
- Stir in the double cream quickly, and beat well
- Immediately pour over the cheesecake and smooth over
- If your cheesecake is very cold the chocolate topping will set straight away
- Decorate as desired - I used The East India Company chocolate covered raspberries.