I decided to make it even more festive and use dried cranberries, and substituted the flour for ground almonds and added a little ginger.
Festive Florentines - makes 12
50g Golden syrup
50g Stork baking liquid
50g Demerara sugar
50g Ground Almonds
45g Flaked almonds
50g dried Cranberries
1 tsp ground Ginger
150g Milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat the golden syrup, stork baking liquid and sugar in a pan over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ground almonds, flaked almonds, cranberries, sultanas and ginger. Mix well.
- Spoon onto the baking sheets, spaced well apart - 6 per tray.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, or in the microwave on short bursts
- Coat the back of each florentine with the melted chocolate and allow too set.