Double Chocolate and Lime Cheesecake
250g Chocolate Bourbon Biscuits
50g Butter, melted
450ml Double Cream
100g Good Quality Dark Chocolate - I used 72%
300g Full Fat Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
Juice & grated Zest of 4 limes
50g Icing Sugar - if you have a sweet tooth you may want to double this
Plain chocolate, melted
- Crush the biscuits to a fine crumb and stir in the melted butter.
- Press the biscuit mix into the base of a loose bottomed or springform cake pan
- Refrigerate until set
- Warm 150ml of the cream in a pan over a low heat until almost boiling.
- Remove cream from the heat and stir in the broken chocolate, whisk until smooth and glossy
- Pour over the biscuit base and return to the fridge until set.
- Beat the cream cheese with the zest, juice and icing sugar
- Whisk the remaining cream until it forms soft peaks
- Fold the cream into the cream cheese mix until well combined
- Pour into the cake pan over the chocolate and return to the fridge until set.
- Decorate with melted chocolate** and lime zest
**To pipe the lines of chocolate on the cake it's easy to make a small cone, I found a good tutorial online with instructions how to make one.
*The other bloggers forming the rainbow of recipes are :
Red - Home Baked
Yellow - Pebble Soup
Orange - We Grow Our Own
Purple - Nelly's Cupcakes
Blue - Seasider In The City
This is a sponsored post although the recipe is my own.