They went down extremely well with the rest of the family......and their friends, so much so that when I reached into the tin just now to have one with my coffee they were all gone. I suppose that's a good thing though.....a moment on the lips blah blah.......
Crispy Chocolate Chip Flapjacks
100g Dark Muscovado Sugar
75g Golden Caster Sugar
4tbsp Golden Syrup
350g Whole Jumbo porridge oats
50g Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter, sugars and golden syrup over a low heat, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the porridge oats, cheerios and chocolate chips - we poured this mix into the dry ingredients as I didn't use a large enough saucepan, either way make sure you mix thoroughly until all the oats are covered.
- Tip the mixture into a tin approx 11" x 7" and press into the corners and flatten down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into bars/squares and then leave in the tin to cool completely before taking them out.
You may wonder why Jack is wearing a construction hat? I asked him to go and get his cooking hat from upstairs, he got most of the instruction right, just the wrong hat! He then decided that the hi-viz vest was an apron and who am I to argue with a 2 year old.......