I am overjoyed to say the least. May is turning out to be a bit of a surreal month, first I reached the finals for the BiB awards, and then the MAD awards and now this.
Apparently they loved my recipe & it's been tested by a home economist and professionally photographed ready to appear in the book. You don't need to wait until August to see it though as I can give you a special preview of my recipe here.
125g Plain Flour
40g Golden Caster Sugar
50g Light Muscovado Sugar
1 x 397g can of Condensed Milk
300g Full Fat Cream Cheese
200ml Double Cream
100g Good Quality (72%) Dark Chocolate
125ml Double Cream
15g Milk Chocolate
To Make Base
- Mix flour and sugar together in a bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Knead together to form a dough
- Place a round metal cookie cutter (approx 7.5cm diameter) onto a greased baking tray
- Take a 20g piece of the dough and press into the base of the cookie cutter
- Press the remaining dough into the base of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin
- Bake in a preheated 180o C oven for 15 minutes, until firm to touch and lightly browned (10 minutes for the small one)
- Allow to cool in the tin.
- In a small pan melt the butter, muscovado sugar and condensed milk.
- Bring slowly to the boil, stirring continuously
- Simmer until thickened, around 5 minutes, stirring all the time
- Spoon 1tbs of the caramel onto the small base and smooth over
- Reserve 175g of the caramel in a bowl, spooning the rest onto the large base and smooth over.
- Allow to cool
- Beat the cream cheese and reserved cooled caramel together in a large bowl
- Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold into the cream cheese and caramel mixture
- Spoon onto the cooled caramel layer on the large base, place in the fridge to set
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl in the microwave in short bursts.
- Slowly stir in the double cream until smooth
- Pour over the cheesecake and allow to set
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bowl in the microwave in short bursts
- Pour into the metal cookie cutter and spread over the caramel layer. Allow to set
- Press the mini millionaire's shortbread out of the cookie cutter ring and cut into small squares and scatter over the cheesecake