This coming week is an important event in the foodie calendar as it's the UK's official SPAM®️ Appreciation Week 2021 (8th - 14th March). I know that many readers of this blog love having the chance of winning a SPAM®️ Sizzle Pack, and this year I also have a special anniversary t-shirt to give away along with the pack. (scroll down to find out how you can win)
SPAM®️ Chopped Pork and Ham are celebrating 80 years in the UK this year, and to celebrate this very important birthday, along with the giveaway, I have created a very important dish. During the 70's and 80's, no birthday party or special occasion was complete without a quiche of some description on the buffet table, and with that in mind I've given the classic Quiche Lorraine a Sizzle Pork And Mmm twist, and replaced the bacon with SPAM®️ Chopped Pork and Ham - pure genius I hear you say!
A quiche is pretty straightforward to make, and you can add just about anything you like to the filling. The classic Quiche Lorraine is generally just bacon, cheese, eggs and cream. I usually make my own pastry, but if you're not a confident pastry maker, or don't have much time, then a ready made pastry crust can be a life saver, and is available in just about every supermarket - make sure you buy the savoury version and not the sweet one though!
Yon't need to pre-cook the SPAM®️ Chopped Pork and Ham, especially if you're short on time, but I think it's nicer when the edges have a little crispiness to them, but it's personal preference really, and who doesn't love listening to the sizzle in the pan!
SPAM®️ Quiche Lorraine
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
200g can of SPAM®️ Chopped Pork and Ham
1 pastry case
100g Gruyere cheese, grated
300ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 170°c
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onions
- Fry until softened, and set aside
- Dice the SPAM®️ Chopped Pork and Ham to approx 0.5cm and add to the pan
- Fry until browned on all sides
- Add the onions and all but one large spoonful of SPAM®️ Chopped Pork and Ham to the base of the pastry case
- Sprinkle the grated Gruyere cheese over the top
- Whisk the cream and eggs together with a fork & pour into the pastry case - if you have too much mixture you can make mini crustless quiches in a muffin tin
- Sprinkle the remaining diced SPAM®️ Chopped Pork and Ham onto the top
- Bake in the preheated oven for approx 25 minutes, until golden brown
- Serve warm or cold, with salad and new potatoes, or baked beans & chips - whatever floats your boat!
Facebook : OfficialSPAMUK
Twitter : OfficialSPAMUK
Instagram : officialspamuk
To win your very own sizzle pack and t-shirt, including a SPAM®️ slicer, apron & spatula, you need to complete the Rafflecopter form by completing the Rafflecopter form below.