Up until a couple of weeks ago if anyone had told me that I needed a pressure cooker in my life I would've laughed at them. If I needed to make soups or stews I had a slow cooker for that, so why would I need a pressure cooker. I work from home and have all the time in the world to put dinner on, so I would use the slow cooker and leave it cooking all day, and have a delicious stew for dinner. Except I don't. I don't because I am a procrastinator. I know I should chop the vegetables and prepare the meat first thing, and I know that it will only take me a few minutes to do so, but I don't. I keep saying to myself 'oh I must do that veg and put the slow cooker on', and before I know it it's the middle of the afternoon & the slow cooker is still on top of the cupboard.
This is where the Pressure King Pro comes in handy for me, as soups and stews and lots of other delicious meals, can be cooked in next to no time. Fluffy rice takes just 5 minutes, steamed vegetables take under 4, casseroles in under 30 and a whole chicken can be cooked from frozen in just one hour!
I definitely DO need a pressure cooker in my life, and I didn't even know it!
Over the past couple of weeks I have barely turned the oven or hob on to cook a meal, instead opting to make most of our meals in the 5 litre Pressure King Pro. We've been enjoying bolognese, chilli, soups, rice dishes, pulled pork, potatoes, chicken, stews and vegetables. The machine is simple to use, with the touch of a couple of buttons and a twist of the lid, it then does its thing for a few minutes before beeping to indicate that the cooking time is over. You then have the choice to leave it to keep warm and release the pressure naturally, or release the pressure manually by moving the valve, to speed up the process. I usually go with the latter, unless I've cooked a stew which I want to keep warm for a while before serving.
The Pressure King Pro is a good looking machine, which blends in nicely into my kitchen, and although I've reserved a space for it on top of the cupboard, it hasn't actually got up there yet as I use it so often. It comes complete with a measuring cup, spoon, and steamer tray (which is a little tricky to remove when hot, unless I'm using it completely wrong), and a recipe booklet with ideas and cooking times to start you off. I've also noticed that it's possible to buy an additional inner pot, which would be really useful when cooking chilli and rice, or bolognese and pasta for example.
Now that it appears winter has set in (I'm in full blown onesie mode at night now!), it's definitely time for soups and stews again. Last week I wasn't quite ready for a thick and hearty soup,, so instead I opted for a chunky vegetable soup in a light broth. I like to eat the chunks of soft veg, but it can be easily blended with a stick blender to a smoother, thicker consistency if preferred.
The soup is lovely served with hot buttered toasted bread, or served on top of a few slices of grilled cheese topped baguette to allow all the lovely juices to soak into the bread - soggy bread isn't for everyone, but don't knock it until you've tried this!
I've been sharing my ventures with my new Pressure King Pro over on Instagram and Instagram stories, and after seeing some of my meals my friend decided that she needed one in her life too, and promptly bought one. My mum has been eyeing mine up too, and although I said that if I ever received a pressure cooker to try out on my blog she could have it afterwards, I've now changed my mind, so she'll have to buy her own - sorry Mum!
Since the arrival of my new Pressure King Pro I've barely turned the oven or hob on. I'm loving how simple it is and how quickly it cooks meals, which is perfect for someone like me who has every intention of cooking dinner in the slow cooker but forgets until it's too late. This veg, lentil & quorn soup / stew took just 15 minutes, and tastes as good as it would if it had been cooking all day in the slow cooker. . . . . . #soup #stew #veggiemeal #vegetarian #vegetarianfood #familymeal #healthyeating #pressurecooker #pressurekingpro #foodie #instafood #foodblogger #review
Today I had a little spring in my step. The sun was shining & I was on a high after booking flights for our annual girly break to the Algarve next year ☀️ It's now back to being miserable & rainy so I cooked a nice comforting family meal of sausage & mash. The onion gravy was made in my new Pressure King Pro, with the carrots steamed on top. Clean plates all round 👌🏼 . . . . . #familymeal #sausageandmash #comfortfood #pressurekingpro #easymeals #foodie #foodblogger #instafood
The 8 year old requested egg fried rice for lunch, and egg fried rice was what he got. Fluffy basmati rice cooked in the Pressure King Pro in just 5 minutes, with egg, peas & soy sauce 💛 . . . . . #pressurecooker #pressurekingpro #lunch #rice #friedrice #easycooking #easymeals #familymeal #foodie #foodblogger #instafood
Do you have any favourite pressure cooker recipes to share?
About the Pressure King Pro 5L
The 12-in-1 Digital Pressure Cooker will create delicious, hearty, home-cooked meals faster and easier than traditional cooking methods in minutes, rather than hours and with a simple press of a button!
The Pressure King Pro cooks with pressurised steam, locking in more vitamins and nutrients than many other cooking methods, and infusing your food with its natural flavours and seasonings, making delicious, healthier family dinners up to 90% faster than conventional methods. You’ll get that slow-cooked taste and tenderness in minutes rather than hours!
- Worry-free cooking with the family sized pressure cooker that cooks meals up to 90% faster than conventional cooking methods.
- Quick, safe and easy to use, the Pressure King Pro maintains the perfect temperature from centre to edge and from top to bottom, whilst cooking your food quickly and evenly.
- The 12-in-1 Digital Pressure Cooker will create delicious, hearty, home-cooked meals faster and easier than traditional cooking methods in minutes, rather than hours and with a simple press of a button.
- 12 pre-programmed settings to make cooking simple: Meat, Rice, Stew, Soup, Pasta, Fish, Steam, Canning, Delay Timer, Fast Re-Heat, and dual Keep Warm/Slow Cook setting.
- The Pressure King Pro’s super-heated pressurised steam locks in more of the important vitamins and minerals in your food than many traditional cooking methods, including boiling and steaming. What’s more, your food will be infused with incredible, slow-cooked tenderness and taste!
- With the BONUS recipe book included, you can make a wide variety of meals from slow cooked hearty stews, fluffy and creamy risottos, wholesome soups to delicious pasta dishes - with the Pressure King Pro you can even cook a whole chicken in just 25 minutes with succulent and flavoursome results.
- The 24 Hour Delay Timer mode means you can switch it on in a morning and your food will be ready to eat when you get home.
- The Keep Warm mode automatically kicks in when your food is cooked, so your food will stay hot until you’re ready to eat it.
- Fast Reheat mode warms up already cooked food.
- Great taste without added fat –add fats or oils for additional flavour if desired.
- Compact, sleek design that fits easily on your countertop.
- 5 litre capacity (900 Watts) so you can cook huge amounts for your whole family.
- Made from high-quality stainless steel and is non-stick, simply wipe it clean and you’re ready to cook amazing meals over and over again.
Available from High Street TV for £69.99, including delivery
Commissioned post for High Street TV & Pressure King Pro