Cooking with your little ones is a good way to get fussy toddlers to try different foods. Jack is quite fussy, although he does eat lots of fruits, salad and vegetable (even olives) but he rarely eats his evening meal.
This week we have made a Goats Cheese and Tomato Tart, a very simple recipe to get the little ones involved.
Puff Pastry Sheet - we used ready rolled
4 tbsp Tomato Puree or Pasta Sauce or Pesto - we used some homemade ratatouille
150g Goats Cheese - we used garlic & herb Soft Goats Cheese
8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh or dried herbs
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C
- Lay the puff pastry sheet flat on a baking sheet and cover with your chosen base, leaving around 1 inch gap around the edge
- Arrange the Goats Cheese on top
- And then the cherry Tomatoes (spread out a little by Mummy)
- Sprinkle with a few herbs or ripped fresh Basil leaves
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes
And did Jack eat all his tea? ...... No, just the salad! but everyone else loved it.
Please check back every Friday for more 'Cooking With Your Toddler' recipes. On the last Friday of the month I will include a Linky where you can add your own Cooking With Your Toddler posts. In weeks to come I will also have some great giveaways.
<div align="center"><a href="http://jessiescrazykitchen.blogspot.com/" title="The Crazy Kitchen"><img src="http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/heljessup/DSC00208-1-2-1.jpg" alt="The Crazy Kitchen" style="border:none;" /></a></div>