The weather recently has definitely been more spring like. Coats have been ditched and more time is being spent outdoors. Then, all of a sudden, a frost hits again and we feel that we're back in the depths of winter. What better way to warm yourself up on a chilly day than with a bowl of soup. This butternut squash and tomato soup is extremely simple to make, has few ingredients, yet tastes as good as a good quality cream of tomato, and is a lot healthier too.
The husband wasn't feeling too good so I served him a bowl with a cheese toastie, sprinkled with a few bacon flavour bread bites, from this month's Degustabox.
Butternut Squash & Tomato Soup
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 stock cube
400g can of chopped tomatoes
salt & pepper to taste
- Add the butternut squash to a large pan
- Cover with water & add the stock cube
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the squash is softened
- Add the tomatoes and bring back to the boil
- Remove from the heat and blend to a puree with a hand blender, adding more water if necessary
- Add salt and pepper to taste
The soup is completely free on Weight Watchers filling & healthy plan (minus the cheese toastie and bread bites).