It's less than three weeks until Christmas and the organised feeling that I had in October has faded, leaving me with a bit of a panicky feeling having not even thought about what food we'll be eating over the festive period.
I've been feeling rough for a week or more and haven't managed to rustle up the motivation to start list making but fear not, I have managed to find motivation to make some chocolate brownies, with thanks to After Eight.
These brownies are crispy on the top and lovely and gooey inside, with a layer of After Eight mints running through the centre. They are delicious warm or cold, with or without ice cream, and would make a perfect dessert at a Christmas dinner party. I based the brownies on a Nigella recipe but changed the quantities a bit.
After Eight Mint Chocolate Brownies
300g Dark chocolate
300g dark soft brown sugar
pinch of sea salt
175g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
1 box of After Eight mints
- Add the chocolate, butter, sugar & salt to a large pan
- Heat gently until melted & smooth
- Remove from heat & allow to cool slightly
- Beat in the eggs
- Beat in the flour and cocoa powder
- Add half the mixture to a lined & greased 13"x9" baking pan
- Lay a single layer of After Eight mints on top of the mixture - you may need to have a row of halves (you will have 3 or 4 leftover to share amongst the kids!)
- Pour the remaining mixture over the mints
- Bake in a preheated 180C oven for approximately 20-25 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin before cutting into squares
You might also like my After Eight Ice Cream
I was provided with some After Eight mints and a voucher to purchase additional ingredients