It's been torture making this as I know that I can't have any (due to my diet) but at the same time it's a good test of my willpower. I did lick some of the mixture off the spoon to make sure that it was edible, although I washed it down with a pint of water so that makes it ok right?
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
275g Digestive biscuits, crushed
60g Butter or Margarine, melted
1 pack (135g ) Orange jelly - I used a block not the granules
100g Dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
200g Cream Cheese
2 x 125g pots of Mandarin yoghurt
- Stir the melted butter into the crushed biscuits.
- Press biscuits into the base of a loose bottomed or springform pan.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Place the jelly in a microwaveable bowl, add 4tbsp of boiling water and microwave until the jelly has dissolved
- Add the chocolate pieces to the jelly and stir until melted - if it doesn't all melt then return to the microwave for 10 seconds and stir again. Repeat if necessary. Allow to cool slightly, stirring regularly.
- Beat the yoghurt and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate/jelly into the cream cheese and stir until combined.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and return to the fridge until set.
- Turn out onto a plate and decorate with grated chocolate and orange segments. I segmented a fresh orange but tinned mandarins would be just as nice.
I have it on good authority that the cheesecake was good, I suppose I will just have to take everyone else's word for it - except Jack who said it was 'yeuck'!