Well, that's it, all over for another year. It seems like yesterday that we were enjoying our pre Christmas weekend break, yet it also seems so long ago, if that even makes sense. We've had a busy couple of weeks over Christmas and new year, seeing lots of family and friends. The Christmas trees and decorations are down and now I'm looking forward to a bit of normality next week.
I don't make resolutions for the new year, however there are a few things that I would like to achieve during 2015 but I won't beat myself up if I don't get there :
- Improve my fitness and run at least 5k without stopping or walking - I ran/walked just over 5k today so that was a good start. Unfortunately this was swiftly followed by a large chunk of our giant Lindt chocolate santa but I figured that I earn't it.
- Start back on a clean eating plan in an attempt to shift a few pounds, as I've eaten far too much junk over the past few weeks (after I've finished the lovely Aldi stollen of course), and drink more water.
- Teach myself how to use iMovie to edit family videos, along with mastering the GoPro (that I haven't yet bought) before our James Villas summer holiday.
- Finish revamping our kitchen (currently waiting for the new oven & hob to be fitted) and then get the lounge re-carpeted (the 11 year old carpet is going threadbare) and decorated. I have an idea which will create a much needed office for myself, but I need to convince the husband on this one first!
- Attempt some sort of blogging plan, rather than just a hit & miss approach
So that's it, nothing too challenging really. Here's hoping that nothing more challenging comes our way in 2015.