The Crazy Kitchen: Be Alarmed! Dangers of Carbon Monoxide and a Giveaway

Popular Recipes

Strawberry Cheesecake Sundae Strawberry Cheesecake Pimms Pavlova Ciabatta Ice Cream Cupcakes Raspberry Tarts

Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Be Alarmed! Dangers of Carbon Monoxide and a Giveaway

We recently had a small gas leak at home which was quickly attended to and rectified. During the engineer's visit he mentioned Carbon Monoxide, which reminded me about the alarm that we had, the same alarm that I removed the batteries from some months previous due to it giving out a constant high pitched shriek. I knew that we hadn't got a build up of the dangerous gas as the alarm gave out the same shriek wherever it was positioned, even outside, but still, I had never gotten it replaced.

According to the Department of Health every year more than 50 people die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, and many 1000's more are treated in hospital.

Carbon monoxide is produced when fuels such as gas, oil, charcoal, coal and wood do not burn fully. The most common cause of this is when a household fuel-burning appliance, such as a boiler or cooker, is installed incorrectly or is poorly maintained.

Carbon monoxide can also build up in homes when flues, chimneys or vents are blocked, and lit barbeques emit carbon monoxide, and continue to do so once they’re extinguished.

 photo CO-BeAlarmedINFOGRAPHIC_zps43d5e5b3.jpg
Carbon Monoxide Be Alarmed is the national campaign to reduce the number of deaths and injuries caused by carbon monoxide. I have teamed up with them to give away 5 Carbon Monoxide detectors to readers of this blog. To be in with a chance of winning please complete the Rafflecopter form below.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

I have been sent a Carbon Monoxide detector in exchange for running this giveaway


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog