The main, quintessentially English, ingredients required for a royal tea cup include the following :
Fresh and summery English Strawberries
PG Tips The Rich One
Of course you can leave out the sparkling wine and gin and use apple juice and soda water instead.
- Crush some strawberries and mint leaves together in a pestle & mortar
- Mix with 100ml of hot water, a PG Tips The Rich One tea bag, sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve (or kitchen paper) to produce a syrup
- Mix the syrup with elderflower, apple juice and gin to taste
- Serve over ice, sliced strawberries and slivers of cucumber by mixing the syrup with sparkling wine and soda water
- Of course, it must be served in a teacup for that authentic English taste.
Very refreshing and perfect for Summer (is it still summer??)..