You may mistakenly think that @JessiesKitchen1 is me, which it isn't , I'm @Jessies_Kitchen. I started following @JessiesKitchen1 a while ago, after someone tweeted me to say they had enjoyed a lovely breakfast at mine, which obviously surprised me as I didn't recall feeding anyone bacon that morning, never mind a stranger.
Jessie's Kitchen is an award winning cafe in Broughty Ferry, near Dundee which, by all accounts, serves some excellent food. This morning we got tweeting each other about scones (the ones that had just come out of the oven) and turns out they were Hazelnut scones which, for research purposes, were then sampled with Nutella, whilst I was drooling at the thought. There was only one thing to curb my craving of hazelnut scones and that was to make some...
250g Self Raising Flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tbsp caster sugar
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray & place in a preheated 170 C oven for approx 10 minutes
- Crush the hazelnuts quite finely, leaving a few larger pieces
- Rub the butter into the flour and baking powder
- Stir in the sugar and hazelnuts
- Mix the milk into the dry ingredients and bring together to form a dough
- Roll out onto a floured work surface & cut out scones
- Place on a greased baking sheet & brush with milk or beaten egg
- Bake in a 200 C oven for approx 10 minutes
Serve warm or cold - delicious spread with Nutella
One day I hope I will get the chance to sample the Hazelnut scones from THE Jessie's Kitchen, but for now I'll happily eat the ones from this Jessie's kitchen.