I decided to use a couple of cans and see how they faired up in a bolognaise. The cans don't have keys on them like I remember and instead now have a ring pull, making them very easy to open. The corned beef is still the same as I remember though and not something that I'll be eating in my sandwiches anytime soon.
Corned Beef Bolognaise
2 garlic cloves
2 cans of Corned Beef, roughly chopped
1 can of chopped tomatoesmixed herbs
1 tsp Paprika
142g of tomato puree
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the onions, mushrooms, peppers & garlic until softened (I used frozen but you can use fresh too)
- Add the corned beef & mash down
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, paprika & tomato puree and stir well
- Place the lid on and simmer until the sauce turns rich and thick
- Serve with pasta and grated cheese on the top
This went down very well with everyone, and whilst I didn't dislike it, it's not something I'll be eating on a regular basis, mainly due to the high fat content - but I wouldn't rule it out if we were snowed in and had no access to fresh food!
I was sent 6 cans of Princes corned beef for the purpose of using in recipes