I popped the butternut squash in the oven to roast whilst I dropped Hanna off at swimming and by the time I got back it was done. Timings and quantities are not great as I forgot to take note.
garlic clove, crushed
tin of chopped tomatoes
200g cream cheese
200g feta cheese, cubed
100g grated mixed cheddar cheese & mozzarella
- Cut the squash in half and rub olive oil, crushed garlic and herbs (I used rosemary) all over (including the skin) and place on a baking tray
- Roast in a 200 degree (C) oven for approx 45 mins (until tender)
- Meanwhile cook the pasta
- Cut the squash into bitesize pieces. If the skin isn't tough then there's no need to remove it.
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan, add the chopped tomatoes, more herbs (I used oregano) and cream cheese and mix well
- Stir in the butternut squash and pour into a baking dish
- Sprinkle over the cubed feta and grated cheeses
- Bake in a 180 degree (C) oven until the cheese has melted and browned
and don't waste the seeds because you can roast them - just wash them off, dry them and toss them in oil (I used chilli infused extra virgin olive oil) and sprinkle with salt and herbs and spices.