So here is how to make Pumpkin Truffle Pops.
- First make the truffles as per the recipe here.
- Melt Silver Spoon Orange Buttons in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. I used a very small jug hooked over the edge of the pan.
- Dip one end of the lollipop stick into the melted orange buttons and into the truffle. This will act as a glue and prevent the truffle from spinning around.
- Put the truffles into the freezer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Dip the truffles into the melted buttons to coat. As they have been in the freezer the orange coating will set quite quickly and not drip.
- Decorate with pumpkin faces.
Unfortunately the writing icing that I used went very runny after a while and all the Pumpkins looked like they had been crying!
I am entering this post into Mummy Mishaps I love Cake Halloween Challenge - truffles are cakes right?
If you want to see some really beautiful examples of what they should look like head over to The Pink Whisk where Ruth will show you how an expert makes Pumpkin Cake Pops.