The weekend was certainly an experience, and possibly not one that I will be repeating. I don't regret going one bit, I had a great time (mostly) but I just don't think it is my cup of tea. I'm not massively into music although I do enjoy the atmosphere of being at a live concert but I would much prefer to be watching from a hillside sitting on a picnic blanket in the sun, sipping a nice cold glass of something fizzy rather than standing ankle deep in mud in the rain!
If I was to do it all again though I have made myself a little check-list
- Don't have the dangly wristband (that must be worn all weekend) attached to your bum wiping hand
- Paint all nails with a dark nail polish (preferably black or dark brown) so you don't notice the grime building up underneath them
- Pack some highly scented baby wipes - unscented just don't cut it under these conditions
- Take a large water carrier - it's not easy carrying a washing up bowl full of water 300 yards uphill in the mud
- Even if you are with someone that knows their way around make sure you take notice of which way you're going as that person may not be with you all the time
- Try not to arrive back at the tent alone - this would avoid 10 minutes of huffing, puffing and swearing trying to remove that second welly from a tired and puffy foot
- Make your way to a toilet at least 30 minutes before you need to go.
- After finding a decent spot with a good view of the stage in preparation of seeing a band that you really want to see don't then drink 3 cans of cider, see above point.
- If you don't like queuing to have a shower then 3am is a good time to have one.
- If you have a highly sensitive sense of smell having a tissue doused in Olbas oil pressed firmly up against your nose is the only way to enter a portaloo.
- Take a can or two of Impulse, by Day 2 it will become your best friend for more than one reason (see above point)
- Don't worry about how ridiculous you look, when the rain is pouring down a cheap plastic poncho really is the only thing that will keep you dry
- Don't get sentimental, that cool bag that you have had for years really must be thrown away after you've dropped it in the mud for the umpteenth time.
- Take ear plugs, the music plays until 5am and when that stops the snoring starts (along with the couple having noisy sex in the tent nearby)
Here's a little montage of some of the many photos taken over the weekend.
Did you spot Alex from CBeebies in there??
Background music from : Danosongs